Saturday 4 March 2017

Sylvaneth Month #1: The Village Green Preservation Society

Assembled and undercoated, this is my 1,000 points Matched Play list: a Branchwraith (my general), 20 Dryads (as one or two units, I'm not sure), 5 Tree-Revenants, 3 Kurnoth Hunters with Kurnoth Scythes, 5 Spite-Revenants and a Treelord. That's just shy of a thousand points.

I have to admit, the fact that a complete mid-size army weighs in at thirty-five models feels reassuringly achievable. Anyone I play will gladly tell you that I like my hordes of disposable minions and that I can turn any army into a horde army but when you're starting virtually from scratch a low model count is a blessing. Given my record with such things I'm not going to say anything to tempt fate like “Oh, I can probably get this done by the end of the month” but I should have something vaguely presentable in a couple of weeks, especially given that there are enough common colours I can probably production line a lot of the army.

Its not particularly optimised, as far as I can tell, its just based on what I had to hand and what I had a yen to paint. I absolutely wanted some of both Revenant units and the moment I saw the scythes I knew that was what my Hunters would be armed with.
I also had a little money left in my “Getting Started” budget so I also picked up my favourite AoS miniature: the Fyreslayers Auric Runemaster which did take me slightly over budget but I really like the model. That and I found a cheap copy of the Legends Of The Age Of Sigmar omnibus in the Oxfam Shop so that's my research material dealt with.

Hopefully I'll have some painting progress to report soon. 

No comments: