Friday 10 January 2014

James gained XBox (+10 to timewasting)

I've been largely out of computer gaming for many years now, relying on my faithful PS2 and Gamecube and a selection of old favourites to satisfy any urges in that direction. About a year ago I splashed out on a DS I saw cheap in a pawn shop but apart from a couple of Lego and Sonic games it hasn't seen much use. With a new console generation well and truly under way I thought it might be time to invest in some newly obsolete technology and explore a whole new back catalogue of second hand hits.

Just by luck I ended up in the right place at the right time and gained an Xbox from a friend for the princely sum of £30 plus some games. I'm not sure what the games are but Skyrim was mentioned and I'm hardly about to complain about free stuff.

He named the price, by the way, I was going to offer him twice that. Don't tell him.

So at the very least I have Skyrim to look forward to, which people tell me is very pretty. There are other games I'm most definitely looking forward to, mainly things I saw my friend Dan playing when I lived with him: Space Marine, Assassin's Creed, Mass Effect, the Batman Arkham series, Saint's Row 2, Eternal Sonata, Bioshock and Sonic Generations rather make up the shortlist.

Of course this might all end with me selling on the Xbox to another Charlie. Matt got it off another friend of ours and offloaded it on me after less than two months. His own reasoning was pretty much that nothing on the modern platform quite matched up with what the PS2 was able to achieve in Silent Hill 2.


Maybe that's true but, in the words of Dave Lister, it's gonna be a lotta fun findin' out. 

No comments: