Saturday 7 January 2017

The Tzeentchian Temptation Continues...


The new army temptation comes less often now. Over the years the instant attraction to the latest thing has lessened. There are armies I know aren't to my play style (Eldar) or where I simply don't like the aesthetics (Khorne Daemons) and, of course, I just don't play Age Of Sigmar so by and large those releases just pass me by.

That said, every now and again AoS brings out something I can use for classic Fantasy, in this case the Disciples of Tzeentch miniatures coming out this month.

One real complaint I had against the Fantasy version of Chaos was a lack of marked units. Now, I like the basic Chaos Warrior as much as the next man but given the wild variety of 40k's Chaos models they were a bit samey.

Yet here we are with GW finally making more god-specific Chaos miniatures. The Gaunt Summoners, especially the one on a Disc of Tzeentch, would make fantastic Sorcerer Lords, the Kairic Acolytes would be fantastic Tzeentchian Marauders (they're a bit too bare chested to be Warriors) and hopefully theyll have parts left over you could use to customise Warriors and Knights. Throw in a warherd of Tzaangor, that lovely Tzeentchian Sorcerer from a few years back and a few mutated looking monsters, maybe some daemons and you're got yourself an old-fashioned Hordes of Chaos Tzeentch army.

Finally.

Like I say, I'm tempted. A few cheap square bases, some Darksphere discount to offset the expense and... maybe? I don't know, I'm in that “new year, new project” headspace right now.


No comments: