Monday 14 August 2017

So, Necromunda, then

On the one hand, I am disappointed. There were some lovely rumours going around that Steel Legion were getting plastic kits. I've been wanting new plastic Guard for ages and Steel Legion are one of the more interesting designs from the old metal range.

However, I'll take this as compensation. I was never terribly fond of Necromunda as a system back in the day but I hope the simpler, more freeflowing design outlook of 40k 8th and AoS will be informing this new edition. You know why? Because Eschers:
Look at them in all their over-designed 2000AD glory! Hell, even if I don't like the new rules I might buy some on principle and use them as Chaos Cultists or Conscripts. Goliaths have also been announced, the big meaty fellows who, to be frank...
would make awesome Khornate Cultists. They interest me less from a painting point of view (between Poxwalkers and Fyreslayers I have plenty of shirtless dudes on the go). I also hope they plan to do more of the minor factions like the Scavvies, the mutant sewer-dwellers who used to be my gang back in the day. What can I say? I like an underdog.

As I said, though, the great thing about most of the gangs being random Imperial citizens mean you can find a lot of uses for them mainstream 40k armies: Chaos Cultists, Conscripts, Inquisitorial Henchmen, even human citizens of worlds recently absorbed into the Tau Empire.

I look forward to seeing how this all works out, both rules-wise and what gangs are going to get new miniatures.

But, seriously, GW, you need new Guard plastics. 

No comments: