Thursday 15 February 2018

I remember why I hate Johto


Fuck Johto 2k18.

In all seriousness, for years I have joked about hating the Johto Region and now playing Heart Gold (I played the original the first time) I suddenly remember why.

The tutorial phase is horrible! Its one of those games where you end up running an errand for the Professor to start off. You go off to meet his friend “Mister Pokémon” to fetch an egg because no one is lazier in this fantasy world than zoologists. You get your starter Pokémon (Cyndaquil, in my case) and he sends you off down two Routes without running shoes there and back.

Between random encounters during which I was unable to catch anything because I hadn't been given my pokéballs (oh, Nuzlocke players must love this bloody game) it took me almost an hour to get there and back.

To fetch an egg.

An egg.

I hate Johto. 

No comments: