Saturday 7 May 2016

Pokemon Sun & Moon roleplay idea


I've really been enjoying Pokemon X, I was surprised by how much the updated graphics refreshed the experience. I've also been watching Dan Jones' Pokemon Diamond Nuzlocke Challenge series on the Extra Play channel and I'm considering doing a sort of roleplay run when Sun & Moon come out.

Not a Nuzlocke run, though. Maybe I'll do a second run of X under Nuzlocke rules but it doesn't feel like a “new game” sort of thing when you're as bad at keeping your Pokemon alive as I am.

No, what I'm considering is giving my trainer character Vicki a speciality type of Pokemon. Yes, I know that every strategy guide ever has counselled against this very thing but I think I've found, if not a loophole, a way to make it semi-work. The only way to be sure is to try it.

Over the course of X my “Pikachu”, my bestest Pokemon who takes on all comers and wins hasn't been my starter but my Talonflame, Redbird. There are also a ton of Flying-types I absolutely love the look of like Emolga and Hawlucha

In Sun & Moon (whichever has the coolest legendary on the cover) Vicki will be training to become a Sky-Trainer. How I think this will work is that I'll just catch whatever I can as normal to fill the Pokedex but whenever I catch a flier I have to go the Pokecenter and put them on my team. Oh, except for Bug types that evolve into flyers, obviously. I might be tempted to keep things that are obviously flying even if they aren't Flying types like Gastly or Honedge, I'll have to have a think about that.

Maybe I'll pick up a copy of Alpha Sapphire / Omega Ruby to test this idea out.

No comments: