Sunday 10 May 2015

Weekly War Diary #3: Build-A-Lizard week


Given the run-up to the election and the slump of ennui that followed I got little done this week. Still, something happened yesterday that made me want to jump back into my hobby head-first: I went round a friend's house and watched some games.

My gaming group has mainly been playing 40k since February for Dave's map campaign but yesterday some of us got together and had some games of Fantasy. I didn't even play, I was shattered from work and was on rulebook duty (which, by the way, is not only a great way for someone not playing to feel useful but really helps prevent rules-flicking from disrupting the flow of the game).

We actually got three small games done that afternoon: Matt's Orcs & Goblins vs Tom's Empire; Tom's Empire vs Iain's Chaos Warriors; and Iain's Warriors vs. Tom's Empire. Wins: Orcs & Goblins; Warriors; Empire.

It was fun. God, we were rusty, though and the rulebook got a good workout.

Anyway, I've got a week off and not many plans since no one's around during the day. I want to play Fantasy and I feel the Vampire Counts have run their course so I want the Lizardmen up and running. Working from the army list I posted up a week or so back I've already got the 12 Skink Skirmishers and the plastic Skink Priest done plus the other Priest and the Kroxigor from the box of stuff Matt gave me.

Plus it'll give me something to do with my hands while I catch up with some audios. 

No comments: