Friday, 4 April 2014

A very random musical opinion

I'm not usually one for rap (and if the woman I'm about to talk about isn't technically a rapper I apologise, I can never keep all those musical genres straight in my head) but I have to admit I like Nicki Minaj's style. That wonderful quick fire delivery like she's voicing a stream of consciousness instead of lyrics.


Fast, pacey delivery of complicated lyrics, I can't help but wonder what it would be like if she covered Gilbert and Sullivan. Can you imagine her rendition of “Modern Major-General”? It would be fantastic. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Check out Dessa. She'll change your mind about rap music.

Skyline Spirit said...

pretty nice blog, following :)

James Ashelford said...

@anon: I'll certainly check her out. I'm certainly not opposed to rap, incidentally, but I'll certainly check her out.

@Skyline Spirit. Welcome aboard the crazy train.