Sunday 14 January 2018

A couple of Attack Of The Clones thoughts


Two things occurred to me whilst a friend and I rewatched the film the other night. The first thought was just that Anakin and Padme's scenes on Naboo are just so full of red flags. Its painful to watch. Do neither the New Republic of the Jedi Order have psychiatrists who should probably taken a good hard look at the traumatised kid they were pinning all their hopes on.

This is not new. I mean, every time I revisit this film I gain a new and deeper appreciation for how damn screwed up Anakin is and how unhealthy his and Padme's “romance” is.
The other thought that occurs is this: I adore the character of Dex. I love that Obi-Wan has this old friend who runs a greasy spoon diner and apparently knows so much about exotic ammunition that he can identify where a dart comes from just looking at the little cuts on the side.

That little detail and how fondly he greets Obi-Wan speaks of a colourful past.

So, what I'm saying is this: when Disney eventually do a Star Wars Story for Obi-Wan (preferably whilst Ewan McGregor is still young enough for the role) they could do a lot worse than some sort of buddy cop road movie with his chubby, four-armed alien short order chef friend. 

No comments: