Tuesday 27 June 2017

Reconsidering the Bigly Marines

I swapped my Dark Imperium ones for a Space Marine Vindicator my friend Dave had bought and never built. I don't regret the decision, there isn't much about the DI models that inspires me. They are what they are: Space Marines but bigly and a little less baroque. Standing next to the best models my beloved Death Guard have ever had they didn't wow me.

However, GW just announced a new Primaris Captain model in Mark X power armour and here he is...
He has a lot more of the detailing that I like in Space Marines: cape, loincloth, tassels, toothbrush on the had, the works. Don't get me wrong, I understand why the comparatively new Primaris don't have as much ritualistic gubbins strapped to them as the classic Space Marine does and that works for them even if I don't like the way it looks. It does make more sense for senior officers to have the gubbs, they are still an Imperial faction after all, and so I like this guy a lot more than than the Intercessors and such.

I still don't see myself doing Primaris Flesh Tearers, though, so this fellow will end up a Black Templar. I think he's make a decent enough Marshall model (maybe used as a Primaris Captain, maybe as a generic one, given the larger scale of characters it won't look too weird as either). 

No comments: